In order to get ahead of the 2020 ADS-B requirements, ALL of our Cessna 152s now have ADS-B Out! If you’re not familiar with ADS-B, here are some benefits of ADS-B Out (from AOPA):
- Enhanced safety and additional situational awareness from traffic
- More efficient search and rescue. ADS-B’s GPS-based surveillance provides more accurate information about an aircraft’s last reported position. This is because ADS-B Out avionics transmit data approximately once every second, compared to a ground-based radar’s sweep rate of 3-15 seconds.
Additionally, you may have seen our previous post, announcing upgrades we made to 32G. We recently made similar upgrades to N5512E:
- Leather seats
- New custom metal instrument panel
- New Garmin GTX 345r ADS-B transponder. It integrates right into our GNS 430 display and has wireless connectivity to portable devices using Garmin Pilot, ForeFlight or compatible Garmin portable.
- New digital voltammeter with warning lights
For more information, check out Garmin’s page on the GTX 345.
Or click here to learn more about ADS-B.