Starting this Monday, June 1st, we will resume all remaining flight instruction operations with the continued health and safety mitigation procedures currently in place.The governor’s office has recognized flight instruction services as essential to the transportation system with encouragement to follow recommended safety guidelines as much as practical, all of which we currently have in place.
Office Hours of operation are now 10am – 6pm, 7 days per week.
After hours rental is also available per previous procedures and scheduling.
We are still operating a limited number of aircraft and will add in aircraft as demand picks up.
Feel free to request an aircraft that’s not on the schedule and we will
Guidelines for Operations
- Regal Air will continue the safety and procedural mitigation measures that were previously in place. Regal staff will be using a mask and perform proper hygiene at all times while on duty. All office facilities will continue to be regularly cleaned and disinfected. Cleaning supplies are available for the aircraft cockpit as before.
- If you have any 2 or more Covid-19 symptoms, please cancel your flight on the schedule or call our office as soon as possible. Do not come to Regal Air if you are sick.
- We require that you wear a mask while inside our facility and while in the cockpit with your instructor. Please come prepared. Solo flights do not require a mask.
- At check-in, you will need to complete a temperature check and general health care questioning prior to dispatch.
- No passengers are allowed on instructional flights at this time.
- In order to keep everyone as safe as possible, no passengers are allowed in our lobby. Regal Air’s restrooms will be open for you only. Public restroom facilities for your passengers are located at the north end of hangar C52, next door to Regal Air. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Aircraft rentals with passengers are still limited to household members only per state guidelines. It will be your responsibility to comply.
- Overnight rental flights are allowed.
- Optional after-hours pickup and drop off is available per previously established procedures.
Current aircraft availability as follows:
|Cessna 152||N5490B, and N885WA|
|Cessna 172s||N738SE, N5512E, N97AT, and N51380|
|Piper Twin Seneca||N16292|
Available aircraft are on the scheduling program. More will be added as demand and requests increase.
- Regal Air’s 60-day and annual currency requirements are extended through June 30th. If you were current with us on March 24th, you are good through June. If you are outside these dates, you can schedule a currency check now. After June no more Regal Air currency extensions will apply.
- Pilots must still comply with all FAA regulations. If you are out of flight review, schedule with us now to get that completed.
- If you are in need of a medical, call the office for examiners that are open and are scheduling.
- If you have any questions, please call the office and leave a message or you can respond to this message. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and continued support. We look forward to seeing you very soon.
Ron Morcom, President