We’ve recently installed a new Garmin G5 Attitude Indicator in the Piper Warrior (N161SM). We’re additionally planning on installing this in all of our 172s by summer.
We’ve also replaced the GNS 430W in the Piper Warrior (N161SM) with a new Garmin Garmin GTN650 IFR GPS/NAV/COM.
All pilots flying the Piper Warrior will need to be given a quick, 5-10 minute tutorial on how to use this before flying these aircraft. See the link below for the Pilot Manual.
Please call prior to coming in and we’ll be sure to have somebody available to give you the tutorial.
We’ll let you know when we start putting these in the 172s.
Highlights of the G5:
- 4 hour backup battery
- Bright, sunlight-readable 3.5” LCD color display
- Displays airspeed, altitude, vertical speed, slip/skid, turn rate, configurable V-speed references, barometric setting and selected altitude — as well as visual alerts upon arriving at a preselected altitude
Groundspeed and ground track readouts
- Rotary knob on the unit allows for easy adjustments to altitude bugs and barometric pressure settings
Highlights of the GTN650:
- Touchscreen GPS/Nav/Comm
- Fly WAAS/SBAS LPV approaches down to 200 foot minimums while displaying traffic, weather and more
- Cockpit connectivity via Connext® keeps your tablets and Garmin portables in sync as well as connected with those on the ground