As the governor has eased the stay at home restrictions and is allowing some recreational activities such as golf and boating with rules and recommendations in place, Regal Air will begin offering a limited number of aircraft to you and your household member passengers. This will start on May 6th per the guidelines and procedures listed below.
Unfortunately, at this time, there will not be any flight instruction nor can we offer student solo flights. We are currently evaluating instruction capabilities with appropriate health and safety measures. We are working to reopen those services when it is safe to do so.
Here are the guidelines and aircraft we will be operating with:
Guidelines for Re-Starting Aircraft Operations
- Regal Air will continue the safety and procedural mitigation measures that were previously in place. Regal staff will be using a mask and perform proper hygiene at all times while on duty. All office facilities will continue to be regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- You will need to complete a general health care checklist for yourself and all your household members that are going with you. This will be on the dispatch sheet for your certification and signature.
- Aircraft will be available for single day use only and limited to household passengers. It will be your responsibility to comply.
- Overnight flights are not allowed at this time.
- Optional after hours pickup and drop off is available per previously established procedures.
- We require that you wear mask while inside our facility. Please come prepared.
- In order to keep everyone as safe as possible, no passengers will be allowed in our lobby. Public restroom facilities are located at the north end of hangar C52.
- At this time our dispatch office will be operating 10am-6pm, Wednesday-Sunday. Additional days and hours will be adjusted as demand and staffing permits.
Limited aircraft availability will be offered to start as follows:
|Cessna 172s||N738SE, N5512E, and N51380|
Only these aircraft are on the scheduling program at this time. More will be added as demand and requests increase.
- Regal Air’s 60-day and annual currency requirements are extended through May 31st. If you were current with us on March 24th, you are good through May.
- Pilots must still comply with all FAA regulations. If you are out of flight review or medical date, check with us for any current FAA guidelines.
- If you have any questions, please call the office and leave a message or you can respond to this message. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and continued support. We look forward to seeing you very soon,
Ron Morcom, President